Thursday, May 1, 2014

Breakfast at Tiffany's.

DOMESTICATED
I've been living at my current apartment since May and I've never hosted anything until this past month. One, money was tight and two, I always want my decor to be right for the event. If I have people over to eat, it's going to be a nice event, that's just the way I operate. So I had 3 friends over on a Saturday for "Breakfast at Tiffany's" a brunch event, meaning I cleaned my entire apartment from top to bottom the night before, because that's just the type of girl I am. I created my menu well in advance and also sent out invites (text message. LOL!) about 1.5 months in advance. I'm a planner, I operate in the future because it helps calm my nerves. The beginning of course was food, followed by nail painting since I have about 40 different quality polishes.
Menu:
Breads: Whole wheat brown sugar/cinnamon pancakes and blueberry french toast
Meats: Sausage and cheese balls and salmon cakes
Sides: fruit bowl: strawberries, grapes, and mangoes; fried eggs with optional sauteed onions and mushrooms; and a cranberry compote to add on top of the pancakes
Drinks: Cucumber water and orange juice mimosas
Flowers, Justyn had sent to me.

Blueberry french toast, WW Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Pancakes, Sausage and cheese balls, and sauteed onions and mushrooms

Cucumber water, mimosas, and fruit bowl

My plate.

Table Setting.

Fruit bowl and salmon cakes.

Recipes:
Pancakes- I use the King Arthur recipe, I knew to use King Arthur because my stepmom is a baker and she swears by King Arthur flour, so I knew their recipe would be the bomb even though I used store brand WW flour.
French Toast- There's no real recipe I follow for the french toast mixture, it's simply eggs, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon, some people use vanilla I don't-simply because I don't keep vanilla in my kitchen. The bread I used is the most amazing sweetened bread that could ever hit your lips... I also added this maple butter on top of the breads after they cooked that I got from Whole Foods...muy delicioso


Pepperidge Farm Blueberry Swirl Bread
Dip this baby in the french toast batter and LAWD!
Meats- The sausage and cheese ball recipe is stolen straight from the Bisquick box, it's on the side of the box. I don't follow the recipe anymore but it's mild breakfast sausage meat, shredded cheddar cheese, and the Bisquick mix... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/sausage-balls-recipe.html Whenever in doubt about a recipe I use www.allrecipes.com or anything from foodnetwork.com they will never fail you, but always read the reviews from AllRecipes.com because people who have tried the recipes will make suggestions for changes to make.
Salmon cakes, well my mom makes those so I asked her what ingredients she uses and she told me and that's what I did...canned salmon, pull out the bones as much as possible, I used Phillip's seafood seasoning, black pepper, mayo, and a little italian bread crumbs and I believe that was it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment