Monday, September 22, 2014

Goodbye Summer; hello to my favorite, Fall.

The remainder of my summer as shown in pictures...

If you've never tried this, you're truly missing out. French fries dipped in a vanilla frosty or vanilla ice cream, whichever you have available...it's so freaking good. Justyn & I made apit spot for this hood snack prior to going in to see Planet of the Apes.

I thought this was pretty cool when I came across it. I've tried making my own salad dressing to no avail; I like what I like.

Went to a spot that's on my now 59-item "Places to Eat" list in my phone, Acadania. Biscuits that came with a cream cheese/sweet and sour sauce. I thought it was delicious. The whole dining experience was interesting, I'll just say, if you're looking up the restaurant be sure to follow the happy hour listed from their computer homepage, not the mobile website. The manager was a jerk about the mobile page.

This duck was the best duck I've ever had in my life though. Collards and rice are underneath.

Mimosas from Acre 121.

I typically enjoy Acre 121 becaue of their mimosas, but this meal was the sorriest piece of sh*t I've ever eaten. We were STARVING when we got here and it came out in like 5 minutes, so we were happy but our antennas didn't go off that something could be wrong because we had been anticipating this chicken biscuit with bacon and cheese. As soon as I bit into it, I realized it was pre-made. I was pissed off, but my level of pissivity was unable to overshadow my hunger, so I ate it, and said nothing to the waiter. We weren't trying to wait on another entree, sadly. The sweet potato fries were pretty delicious but it should have been served with a spicy condiment instead of something sweet like the sauce in the picture. Next time, I'll just stick with my chicken & waffles or get the croissant french toast.


Went to Top Golf. They had good music, I twerked a little.

"The Mac Daddy Burger" described as "the classic burger with our awesome green chili mac n' cheese with sliced pepper jack cheese," sounds pretty delicious but it was just BLAH. The mac tasted like just that, mac, then cheese was far and few and it wasn't worth me wasting my precious calories on, so I ditched the noodles, scooted them to the side and just ate the burger, which had a pretty darn good grill flavor to it.

The wings, not crunchy, just saucy. I'm a bit of a stickler for wings since Bon Chon came into my life.

French toast, scrambled eggs with sauteed onions, fresh tomatoes, and green onion, and pork goodness hangin' in the background.

Me in the kitchen lookin' like somebody's grandmother. I love collard/kale greens, but they're so much work to make em. I fnid myself standing in the kitchen for hours prepping them, so I brought in my dining room chair.


This was a random delicious creation. A pizza quesadilla; yes, I own a quesadilla maker.

Sexual healing.

Guts and glory.

For Justyn's birthday, I took him on a tour of the White House and afterwards we went to Absolute Noodle & Sushi Bar, which was on my list of "Places to Eat". This was my meal, it was another blah entree that should have been sent back. The chicken tasted like it was frozen and there was no sauce on the noodles, making everything pretty dry.

Justyn's drunken udon noodles, however, were good. Tasted just like regular drunken noodles from a Thai restaurant.

Made another pot of greens the weak after the 1st batch.

I've been hooked on these Italian Prunes (prune plums) from BJ's for like 2 weeks now.

Girl time at Jasper's in Bowie, MD. This was a ughhhh, I can't remember what kinda flavor martini, but it definitely wasn't strong enough. My martinis on the cruise ship have me feeling like a pro.

Mac and cheese that I made for one of Justyn's family functions.

Green tomatoes, which I fried, of course.

2 lbs of head-on shrimp, with corn, andouille sausage, and potatoes, gator bites and fries with a delicious sauce from Chasin' Tails, which I've mentioned before. I adore this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment