Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What I'm Here for This Week...

1. Jazmine Sullivan's "Reality Show" album
After listening to this album, I'm really disappointed in myself for not knowing she released an album in 2010. I knew she took a hiatus from the industry, she had some long rant about how the industry was raggedy years ago, and said she wasn't going to make any more music. So this album, when you listen to it is nothing but shade to the industry: reality show personalities, folks who change once they get money, chics who are only good for their fake bodies, and more. It's been out for about a week and I already know a good portion of the words... O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D
 
2. American Sniper
 I've never heard people exit a movie theatre or any other public venue in COMPLETE silence like that before. The reverence was indescribable. Some folks are saying it glorifies war, I honestly didn't see that, (of course) I watched it through clinical eyes. In the background, it depicted how multiple tours of duty increases the likelihood of PTSD or PTSResponses. I'm going to suggest the movie to my dad (retired Air Force), but I have a feeling he may cry.
 
3. King Size Recliners
The movie theatre Justyn and I go to, now has King Size reclining chairs. My word! What an awesome invention. sheesh! They even require you to reserve your seat when you buy your ticket now. If your Regal theatre doesn't have these chairs, then is it really regal?! I say, no.
 
4. Coupons (as always)
Thanks to a paper I had from maybe 3 weeks ago that was valued at $600+ I was able to rack up on multiple products. For example, Target has DOVE body wash/bar soap priced a little over $5, with their sale being buy 4 get 1 $5 gift card. I had 8 coupons, 4 body wash, 4 bar soap. So I bought 8 items and got 2 $5 gift cards. I separated my transactions, so I could use the gift cards on my other purchases and reduce my expenses for that day. Another example, craisins were priced at $2 at Shoppers, I had a BOGO coupon and also a save $1 off the bag of craisins. Meaning the BOGO coupons applies to the free item and the $1 off coupon applies to the one you're paying for. So I got 4 containers of craisins for $2. Yes, I eat craisins like that, I like them on my salads. I bought the 50% less sugar ones too :) Also, Justyn and I got to see American Sniper for free thanks to Regal gift certificates I received for Christmas, then we had BOGO Chipotle for dinner :)
 
5. Space Heaters
My "light bill" was a consistent $70 or less summer-fall because I keep my air off when I'm not home. Until one day I came home and it was 56 degrees in my house, I couldn't take it, so I left it running at about 67 or so, bill rose to $91 then to $142. *clutches pearls* So my dad came in town on Saturday morning and of course being the good man/father he is, he went and bought me this fancy shmancy space heater. It heats my entire house. I'm currently experimenting, my heat is off while at work, and I will run the space heater when I get home and see how warm my house gets.
 
6. Sister Time
My line sisters. It's always endless laughs with them. I truly love them and am blessed to have them as sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment