Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I eat the same thing basically...

Some of the things I eat every week:

1. Salad: romaine lettuce, spinach, and arugala
2. Tuna on my salad
3. Salmon
4. Asparagus
5. Broccoli
6. Yogurt
7. Wild Rice
8. Almonds
9. Quinoa
10. Bananas

I have gotten in the habit of looking up the health benefits of the foods I eat often, I like to know what I'm putting in my body if I'm putting the same thing in quite often. I WAS going to post the health benefits of these foods, but I'm not trying to make this a healthy eating blog or portray myself as a nutritionist, motivational health coach, or any other thing that most people act like they are because they read a couple articles. Read. Because you know shade came from reading. 

How I pack in all these foods throughout the day
Breakfast & Snacks:
I eat two, one while I drive to work, the granola or a fruit smoothie with carrots, at about 7:30, then the other when I get to work at about 9am, then the banana at about 10:30am, then almonds around 11:30am.
Banana, granola bar, warm item (egg white sandwich usually)

Lunch:
Salad with tuna  some type of nuts, almonds/walnuts, craisins, and mozz at times because I love cheese
OR
salmon/baked chicken, with a whole grain/quinoa, and a green veggie

Snack:
Greek yogurt with fruit and granola

Dinner: 
Is the the "OR" item from lunch. If I had salad for lunch, then dinner is the warm item and vice versa.

By the time I walk in the door of my house at 4:30 pm, from being awake since about 6:00 am, I'm running for the toilet. Fiber. 

Weekends:
Because I'm a realist, pancakes for breakfast, turkey/pork bacon, and whole eggs with cheese and sometimes spinach, or an omelette, whichever I feel like making. I always indulge in some type of fried food on the weekend too, live a little. Oh! And wine, because we all know that's a food group.

"Jesus turned water into wine, he knew how to get the party started".  -Ranita, another tryflin line sister

No comments:

Post a Comment