Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Taste of DC...or better yet, everything I laid eyes on

Over the weekend I went to Taste of DC and ate my entire heart out alongside the BF and bestfriend.
We started out with a shrimp po' boy as Justyn and I waited for Jamie to arrive, that was meal #1, just the beginning. We then went to get Indian curry chicken, so we could have something to snack on while we waited in line at another restaurant. The next spot was Wicked Waffle where I had a waffle with cheddar cheese and bacon on the inside and ALSO a waffle with peking duck on top cue the drool. Next, we saw a Morningstar brand veggie food giveaway, so we tried that as well. LOL! The Mediterranean veggie patty was pretty darn good, I can't lie. Next we wanted dessert, Justyn was hell bent on getting a funnel cake, we waited in line, then when he seen they didn't have toppings he was completely over it, so we got out of line. I must admit, a funnel cake with strawberries would have been amazing cue drool #2. We then had "chicken on a stick" as we referred to it that day, terriyaki chicken from Chef Hogate '85. It was so good and moist. So we find doughnuts, and my God those doughnuts were good. I realized they were pretty overpriced after I indulged, but they were amazing. I mean $2 for a doughnut hole is absurd, but I grew up on Krispy Kreme and wanted to see what the hype was about, plus the dude working the counter was a good salesman. Next, back to Wicked Waffle we went. Le sigh. greedy. I ordered another grilled cheese w/ bacon waffle and THEN I was stuffed. OH! While we were leaving we saw that La Tasca was giving away their food, because everything was closing. I told the guy I heard of the place before and had never been, he said "of course you've heard of us. who hasn't?!" all snooty like. So I'm thinking the food is about to be thebomb.com...NOT, we got lots of paella, which needed salt and more paella stuff like seafood eye roll.  I mean hell, I've never had paella before, but I definitely see it enough on Food Network to know that it's supposed to have some dang seafood in it. Not this place. But I did however, have some bacon wrapped dates, you would have thought I was a professional food critic the way I described the sweet and savory mix.

Please excuse the quality of the shrimp po' boy photo, I was too hungry to stand still and take the pic evidently. 
Apparently, it's not cool for men to carry/utilize umbrellas, we had a pretty extensive convo about this while there, but I really needed Justyn to hold my umbrella while I ate (gorged down) my 2nd grilled cheese w/ bacon waffle.





While there, we indulged some of us more so than others eh hem myself, in wine. My word! That wine was just great, Jesus! I had Madria Sangria, which was soooooo good, but the rude heffas working the counter gave us the worse attitudes. For what reason? I don't know. I don't drink and drive, like AT ALL. So when I know I'm going to be partaking in the devil's juice I accommodate by taking the train or remaining sober, so on this day, we all took the train. I was ready to indulge, with class of course. We had drink tickets, which were being sold for everyone to use, and these females working the counter refused to give us more than one tasting at a time, mind u a tasting was about 3/4th the size of a shot glass, which clearly couldn't do anything for you. When we asked about multiple tastings she said "we're only doing one. We have to limit our inventory and you all need to drive safely" with a smirk on her face, I bluntly said "we didn't drive" and flipped my hair as we walked away. By this time, we're still sober, so I was way pissed. IDK who she thought she was, but clearly she got to me yall. All in all, I had an amazing time, I enjoy anything with lots of food, so it was bound to be a blessed (yes, blessed) experience with food AND wine in the same atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment