Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Black people (and Asians) love chicken.

Where does the stereotype that Black people love chicken come from? I must say that when I used to work in a predominantly White environment I would never pack my baked chicken wings like I wanted to. LOL! Nevertheless, thanks to Yelp I found an amazing Chicken spot that I used to live right around the corner from. I always though Bon Chon was just a semi-fancy Chinese food place. Well one, it aint Chinese it's Korean and 2 they have the most amazing chicken. I mean, I even questioned if my fried chicken lived up to this succulent meaty goodness. Yelp has a section on there where you can see the top rated restaurants in your area, so that's how I found Bon Chon, the majority of the reviews were positive. I learned from there that Bon Chon double fries their chicken, so it takes 30 minutes to cook, so I should call and order ahead if I want to eat in, so I want be seen gnawing on a thumb. They have 2 flavors, one soy garlic, the other soy garlic HOT, and amazing seasoned fries sprinkled with mozzarella cheese. I tasted garlic and seasoning salt on the fries. Justyn and I ordered 20 wings half and half and a small order of fries for $27. AMAZING! We had plenty of leftovers. The hot sauce was Asian sriracha.

I got this groupon deal for this place called Chasin Cajun in Arlington $10 for $20 worth of food. When Justyn and I went to Houston January 2012 we ate like 2 fat cows. While there, we went to a Cajun restaurant and everyone, I MEAN EVERYONE, had on a bib and a table covered in crawfish. Being the Hampton/Newport News, Virginia bred folks we are, we didn't know how to eat them. Le sigh, so we sat at the uncool table and ordered other seafood.

Fried goodness: Fish, frog legs, crab cakes, shrimp, and oysters.

Fried gator. I wonder if I gotta pimple after all of this fried food. Most likely.


This is where they chowed down on the crawfish I believe.

This time I am determined to eat crawfish. I've been studying the art of crawfish eating from true Naw'lins (correct?) people on Youtube. Yes, it's that serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment